To our clients:
I hope you are all staying healthy and adjusting to all the changes with COVID-19. I have outlined below our veterinary clinic policies in response to the virus starting on Monday March 23, 2020 and continuing through the foreseeable future.
- We will remain open but only with curbside service. We will be only allowing animals into the clinic with very few exceptions. When you arrive for your appointment, please call the clinic phone at 772-1777 to let us know that you have arrived. We will get a brief history and an employee will come to your car to bring the patient into the hospital. We will perform an exam and necessary diagnostics and treatments. We will call you with our recommendations and treatments and arrange payment. When we are finished, we will return the pet to your car.
- House-call appointments: We will stop most house-call appointments during the COVID-19 pandemic. We will resume these services when we are able. The only exceptions will be end of life care and if you or your pet are not able to leave the house because of a disability.
- Refill medications/prescription food: Please make sure that you have adequate medications at home. I expect to have shortages but have no way to predict what those medications will be. I would recommend that you have between 1 and 2 months of medication at home. The best way to request medication refills is via email at email@example.com. We will call when medications are ready to be picked up and arrange payment. We will leave medications in the vestibule of the clinic.
- Vaccine/heartworm/routine procedures. We will continue to offer routine appointments as long as we are able and have the supplies to do so.
- Elective surgeries: We will continue to offer routine surgeries and dental procedures as long as we are able and have the supplies to do so.
- Telemedicine: Under certain circumstances we may be able to offer telemedicine services. It is a requirement that we have seen your pet in the last year for this to be considered as an option.
- We know that some phone calls are not making it through to us. Our phones are working but the circuits are overwhelmed with everyone working from home. Please keep calling or better yet, send us an email with your request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are trying our best to provide care for your pets while keeping all of our clients, staff and families healthy. Thank you for your understanding.
Tiffany Healey DVM