We are updating our clinic policies in response to changes and recommendations from our governor and the CDC. Our ultimate goal is open up the clinic for some appointments, but to only have one client in the lobby at any given time. Additionally, we will reduce the number of clients entering the hospital to 50% of the normal capacity.
New Procedures for Appointments:
* Please call to check in for all appointments when you arrive at 772-1777.
* Surgery drop-offs and pick ups will still be curbside
* Veterinary nurse appointments will still be curbside (blood work, toe nail trims, etc.)
* Annual exams and medical appointments will now be available in the clinic. Please call to check in when you arrive to ensure that the lobby is empty. We will escort you to an exam room immediately.
*If you would prefer curbside, this will continue to be available.
*Please try to limit the number of people coming in for appointments to only those that are absolutely necessary.
* We encourage you to wear masks inside the clinic.
* Medication refills will continue to be available in the vestibule with no contact.
* House call appointments will be available after June 15th. We will conduct these exams outside. This will be good for dogs but may not be ideal for cats.
Please know that we are doing our best to keep you and our staff safe and healthy.
On another note, we wanted to let you know that we have changed our recommendation on heartworm prevention. We feel that the risk of heartworm disease is increasing and are now recommending heartworm prevention for all dogs. If your dogs have not been on prevention in the past, we will need to do a blood test first to confirm that they have not been exposed to the disease. The test takes 15 minutes which we are able to run in the clinic.
We will offer two different types of prevention including Heartgard, which is a beef flavored chew taken once each month, or Proheart which is an injection dogs receive once each year. Both of these medications are equally effective and we are happy to discuss each one and their side effects.
Thank you so very much for your continued understanding and patience. We are so happy to be a part of your lives and ensuring the best health for your pets.